BUS TRAVEL NZ LIMITED CCTV CAMERA PRIVACY NOTICE
Bus Travel NZ Limited is committed to implementing and using our CCTV systems in a way that does not breach any individual’s privacy rights and recognises our obligations as an agency to observe the privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1993. This Privacy Notice details how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, which we collect through the use of CCTV cameras on our buses.
WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH CCTV FOOTAGE?
It is a contractual obligation with Auckland International Airport Limited that Bus Travel NZ Limited provide full on-board camera facilities (CCTV) in the event Auckland International Airport Limited requires footage to track a person of interest, luggage, or other security incident, traffic related incident or accident related to the transport services provided by Bus Travel NZ Limited.
Further to this it is an operational requirement of Bus Travel NZ Limited that all buses are equipped with fully functioning cameras to enhance the safety of our drivers and vehicles and for further situations as listed below.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH CCTV FOOTAGE?
If you travel on our buses your personal information can be collected through our CCTV cameras, which have audio and visual functions. Our CCTV cameras may also have pan, tilt and zoom functions.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Your personal information may be collected through our CCTV cameras for the following purposes:
- Allowing Auckland Airport, a government department, body, or law enforcement agency (in relation to security matters) to investigate a security issue;
- Investigating a motor vehicle accident to ascertain the party at fault and the circumstances around the accident;
- Investigating a complaint from a passenger or member of the public;
- Investigating an injury complaint, incident, accident or near miss such as rear door entrapment or a passenger falling over whilst the bus is moving;
- Meeting our operational requirements (such as our contractual obligations to third parties);
- Observing and assisting in driver training where necessary;
- Assisting in any disciplinary processes involving a Bus Travel NZ Limited employee;
- Ensuring compliance with Bus Travel NZ Limited’s health and safety obligations; and
- Such purposes as provided for in the Privacy Act 1993.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
Your personal information captured through our CCTV cameras will be accessible by select Bus Travel NZ Limited employees who are required to view our CCTV footage in order to carry out their duties.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except where:
- You have authorised the disclosure;
- The disclosure is required by our operational requirements (such as to meet our contractual obligations to third parties);
- We are required to provide the personal information by law;
- Disclosure is required for safety and security and data assurance purposes;
- Disclosure is for the purpose of collecting the data (as is outlined above);
- Disclosure is necessary following a transfer of our rights and duties;
- Disclosure is necessary to market, review, audit or improve our services or facilities or those of our business partners; or
- Disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act 1993.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Storage of CCTV footage will be kept to a minimum to not unfairly invade on the privacy of individuals.
Bus Travel NZ Limited CCTV footage is overwritten after six weeks, unless the CCTV footage is manually saved, in which case it will be destroyed after it is no longer required for the purposes of collection in accordance with this Policy.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Prior to using your personal information we will take such steps (if any) as are, in the circumstances, reasonable to ensure that having regard to the purpose for which the information is proposed to be used, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
The CCTV system described in this Privacy Notice shall be connected to a secure, password protected, private network which may only be accessed by authorised persons. No part of the CCTV system shall be connected to the public internet.
As is stated above, your personal information will only be held for a limited amount of time, to reduce the likelihood of your privacy being breached.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993 you have the following rights in relation to your personal information that we collect:
- to obtain from us confirmation of whether or not we hold your personal information;
- to have access to your personal information;
- to request correction of your personal information; and
- to request that there be attached to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
- The above rights are subject to limitations imposed by the Privacy Act 1993.
If you have any queries in relation to your personal information collected through our CCTV cameras on our buses, please do not hesitate to contact:
Bus Travel NZ
Landline +64 9 917 5175
Visit 21 Brigade Road, Airport Oaks, Mangere