As our World changes around us, our business practices must also adjust. We recognise this means remaining diligent and proactive in seeking out leading edge and developing technologies, assessing their relevance and fit within our industry and adjusting our own business and operational practices as we go.
Our operating environment – and that of our clients – is under constant change with significant development and growth across the operational networks. We have a duty of care and take our environmental responsibility seriously. It requires ongoing attention and focus.
Bus Travel NZ is committed to minimising the impact of our key activities on the environment.We are committed to actively working to achieve the following:
- Preventing environmental incidents related to our activities;
- Complying with all applicable NZ Health, Safety and Environmental legislation;
- Decisions related to fleet investment are environmentally-friendly;
- Choosing suppliers who share our commitment to environmental sustainability;
- Continually improving our performance relating to the above.
We will achieve our goals by constantly focussing on, and renewal of, our policy to ensure that we are:
- Minimising toxic emissions through the selection and use of our fleet and the source of fuel and maintenance requirements;
- Preventing pollution to storm water drains from our grooming bay;
- Actively seeking out suppliers focussed on ethical and green practices;
- Actively promoting recycling both internally and amongst our clients and customers and choosing suppliers that actively promote recycling;
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees and encouraging their input.
A review of our policy and the setting of environmental objectives and targets will occur annually and continually drive our desire for improvement.